Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2015

On air - Day 1 (Part1)



Part 1

I did not have a proper sleep tonight. I was so excited because of my departure to Delhi. My flight was scheduled at 11.20 AM from CDG 2C and took off at 12.00 PM. Emirates A380 double decker.

The last days were about my preparation and saying goodbye to fiends. Saturday we had lunch with Melinda and Zoli  and then went to their place. We mostly discussed my travel blog (i.e this one). They helped me with the design and other technicalities. A big issue to resolve was that I wanted to blog under a nickname so first we had to figure out how to do it. Next was to chose a name appropriate to my personality. I wanted to have a vegetarian-like name so Melinda was so kind and looked for a vegetable name generator on the net. We got some funny names such as giant cucumber, juicy melon and fellows, but I did not want an unambiguous name of any sexual reference: I was not vaccinated against hepatitis B as I went late to get injected (one need to do it  no later than 1 month ahead the departure). As an alternative therefore the consulting doctor at world famous Pasteur Institute advised me to avoid any sexual relationships/physical contacts with locals in Asia. I considered an extra protection  having a neutral fruit or vegetable name. So after an hour hesitation I ended up with a simple `pamplemousse` (means grapefruit in French).

Yesterday evening I was about to finish to fill my brand new deep ocean blue 50+10 litre back-pack (with violet zipper in the middle) when Viola came around after 8 PM and had a 2 hours sit `n` talk. We were celebrating that she filed her PhD thesis (congrats again!!!) to the jury and also we drunk to my departure and trip to Asia. I am so grateful to her for providing some details on the local circumstances: I recently had some doubt weather it was safe enough to travel alone in India and South-East Asia. I believe that she was right when said that most people are peaceful and helpful and those countries are well prepared to accommodate western tourist.

I was arriving to the airport at 9 AM well before the departure of my fight. I dropped my luggage at the check-in desk, then queued for a little while at the passport control and security check. Everything went so smooth and quickly. Noemie  and my Mom was calling (so sweet moments:-). Aslo received `wish you the best` text from Murthy and Melinda and I called Viola to tell her that I am ok. We had a one hour call in the end and I felt so relaxed.

After taking off we have reached the Hungarian border in one hour, that means that the speed was at least 1000 km per hour. I started to wondering why the Easyjet planes not doubling the speed  to cut the 2 hours flight to Budapest to only one hour and something. Can somebody explain me the difference between ground speed and real air speed? I have only a guess that the difference comes with the fact that the Earth spinning around.

The food served was delicious Indian veg meal. The first turbulence alert came when I arrived to the dessert and when we were flying above Hungary. Then we had two other one but everything was ok and realised that I was not that scared anymore: I had a secret look to the French guy with whom we were siting in  the same line and I had the impression that he was heavily grabbing the seat carpet when the turbulence made shaking the plane.
                                           Sunset - before arriving to Dubai

No comments:

Post a Comment