Pages

Wednesday 6 May 2015

On air Day 1 (Part2)

Part 2

We arrived to Dubai at 20.15 PM local time (18.15 CET). However we were  20 minutes behind the schedule, I had enough time to go though the security check and then wait for the Delhi connected flight. This was the second time I landed in Dubai. First came in December 2013 when I visited a friend who lived and worked here that time. We spent a joyful nine days under the Arabic Sun. For me it was the first time I travelled to Asia and started with this luxury artificial Las Vegas imitation in the middle of the Arabic dessert. Loved and hated it  at the same time. Standing at the top of Burj Khalifa, the highest human creature that time, I was amazed how the Sun went down and  then disappeared under the horizon - and I stopped breathing for some moments. But in the next second, I made myself remember how many Indian workers died during its construction under the same Sun, I admired from the air-conditioned top floor hall. Sic transit gloria mundi.

I had only half an hour to rush over the luxurious terminal 3 of Dubai International. I am so proud of my self for resisting of shopping in the duty free shops, although I was hesitating when I saw the pay 2 get 3 Nivea lotion sign. At the check-in hall I came to the conclusion that I have almost arrived to India: 95% of the passengers were local so I tried to picture out how will it be in Delhi. On the plane a stewardess came around and asked everybody weather international or Indian passport holder. She asked me too.  

This plane is not as luxurious as the A380 but excellent of course. I mean the monitor of the individual TV is smaller and the choose of movies is lesser -only 400 instead of 1000. Sad. But the food was even better. On the Paris-Dubai flight only a few passengers asked for vegetarian menu, therefore it was not even indicated on the menu card - but in exchange we were served first. Here it was considered as evident that most of the guys are vegs. The food was even more tasty and the paprika was more spicy. I swallowed it by accident and visualised a red belt in my trough. I had no water left. As we just went though a zone of turbulence I repeated the mantra that I can support better this fire inside than more heavy pushes of the wind.

Coming back to the choice of movies, there are many Bollywood moves in the selection. After finishing my meal I saw by chance the movie that two teen Indian girls was watching in front of me. Honestly, I have never watched such a movie from the beginning to the end - it`s a kind of torture for a non-Indian person. Imagine a western style videoclip`s 2 hours extended version spiced by Indianised  character of Stallone, Bruce Lee, a looser (with a so-called invoice holder bag crossing  his shoulders and fasten the diving dress like T-shirt on him) and of course some grandma`s in a restaurant. No story, only fights between rival goup of guys, stringent by the obligatory karate by words before.

We will lending soon in Delhi. We just passed nearby Karachi. The name of the city rung a bell to me. I hoped that the talibans down there was not disposing long-run missiles or if yes, we were flying high enough to be out of the scope or all the Emirates plains are equipped by missile protection system.
 
 Namaste:-)  Delhi Indira Ghandi airport Terminal 3 at 2.45 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment